Thursday 29 July 2010

Being Vegan

The first day of being vegan posed quite a few challenges for me. Firstly it was my 5th and final day of The Secret Garden Party festival, I was feeling a bit worse for wear when I woke up on Monday morning and all I wanted was a cheese and marmite toastie from Tasty Toastie. Then I got home and there was no food in my house at all! I was so tired at this point that I could not be bothered to go food shopping and decided that I should go out for a meal. Then I realised I probably wouldn't be able to eat anything in a restaurant, and started to really regret it. But all was not lost as I remembered that YO! Sushi had just opened so I went there for some vegan delights. Then after a little nap I set off to my boyfriends to be greeted by his whole family who were going to a carvery, so I went out for the meal and just had a drink as I actually couldn't eat anything. But after a nightmare first day I brought lot's of nice fresh ingredients and got excited about the new recipes I was going to try this week. First off were vegan chocolate and raspberry muffins, which were okay-ish... The last few days have been better, but I still can't wait to have a cheese and marmite toastie at the end of it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More