Friday 10 September 2010

National Cupcake Week!

Horay! A whole week to celebrate the cupcake. Although I have been making the great British fairy cake since I was little, their American sister the cupcake is much more impressive. Made in muffin cases and with mounds of frosting, I can't resist. And because I'm away for National Cupcake Week I thought I'd put my favorite recipe up now:

Caramel Kiss Mix Cupcakes


Ingredients:

Cake Mixture:
200g Sugar
200g Butter
200g Flour
50g Cocoa Powder
1tsp Vanilla Essence

frosting:

100g Butter
100g Icing sugar
50g Dark chocolate (I used 70%)
50g Caramel chocolate (I used Hotel Chocolat's caramel kiss mix)

Makes 12

Place 12 large cupcake cases in to a muffin tin and preheat the oven to 200˚c. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, and then the flour, cocoa powder and vanilla extract until combined. Try not to mix too much or the cakes wont rise! Spoon the mixture into the cases and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. When the cakes are done, pop them on to a wire rack to cool and make the frosting.

To make the frosting melt the chocolate in two separate bain maries and leave to cool. Cream the butter and icing sugar together until light and fluffy and divide in half in to two separate bowls. Fold in the two melted chocolates so that you have chocolate fudge and caramel frostings. Pipe the frostings on in alternate swirls and sprinkle Liquid Chocolat or grated chocolate flakes on top!

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Yum, those look delicious. I love the idea of the chocolate-caramel icing.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More