Sunday 2 January 2011

Christmas Leftovers

Christmas always leaves tones of left overs, despite the fact we completely over fill ourselves! Most meat eaters are left eating turkey sandwiches, turkey curry, ect, ect. But being vegetarian I'm left with loads of vegetables to cook with (as my parents buy too much and don't cook them) and also a lot of cheese. And in keeping with my New Years resolution I used some to learn a new recipe, spicy parsnip soup. I was lucky enough to get some white truffle oil, which I have been putting on everything! (I would drink it if that wasn't completely disgusting) including the soup as it goes really well with parsnips. Most of the left overs went in to making different soups, but I also wanted to make a huge cheese feast pizza with all the different varieties of cheese, but they mysteriously went missing...

So here is the recipe I tried for the soup:

2 parsnips chopped
1tsp olive oil
2 knobs of butter
1 small onion chopped
1 garlic clove crushed
1/2 tsp of curry powder
enough stock to cover the vegetables
Chili garlic salt (to garnish)
White truffle oil or olive oil (to garnish)
(serves 2)

First lightly fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil with the curry powder until translucent. Then add the parsnips and the butter (you can use a vegan margarine if you want vegan soup) and cover for 10-15 minutes until the parsnips have softened. When the parsnips are ready, pour over the stock and bring to the boil for a few minutes, then remove from the heat and blend in a blender or with a hand blender. serve up and garnish with some chili garlic salt and truffle oil.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More