Thursday 24 February 2011

Addicted to Nachos


ad·dic·tion

[uh-dik-shuhn] Show IPA
–noun
The state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to somethingthat is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

This sums it up, I am enslaved to the salty, cheesy, japaleno and guacamole covered delight that is nachos. I make other people eat them with me because I know it's wrong. Last week I ate them 5 days in a row, but two weeks ago I found this recipe where I can indulge in a few nacho's and not feel as bad because there's some form of vegetable involved. It's from the Nigella Express book and I completely didn't follow the recipe because I only had half the ingredients so I substituted the rest, but it was still good, so I reckon it must be really good if made properly! Any way, I'm going cold turkey, it's been 3 days, wish me luck.

4 comments:

I googled "addicted to nachos" and this came up. I, too, have been eating nachos way too often. Sometimes even twice a day. Somehow I justify it by making them at home but I know going through a bag of tortilla chips in less than week by myself is simply wrong. Thank you for making me feel like i'm not alone, however, I'm not ready to go cold turkey

This is the best comment I have ever received! My nacho addiction has slowed down since I left uni, so just to let you know, there is light at the end of the tunnel!

This came up for me as well when I googled about my nacho addiction. I've had them every day so far this week. One day I even ate nachos for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Again, another person who googled ” addicted to nachos”. Being a self professed cheesyphile, having chips in the home is incredibly dangerous. Ive been known to kill an entire bag of chips and a fresh block of cheese in a single sunday afternoon. staples in my fridge include a gallon jug of jalapenos exclusively used on my nachos. Im just glad to learn im not alone in my addiction

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More