Thursday 17 March 2011

Millionaire Flapjack


I seem to have done a lot of baking this week after not doing any for ages, but today it was for my mums Comic Relief bake sale at her nursery. I was going to make some cupcakes but then I decided it would take too long to decorate, so ended up making flapjacks. But then I thought flapjacks were probably too boring and ended up making millionaire flapjacks which probably took me the same amount of time! I've never made flapjacks before, but I don't know why, it was like the easiest thing ever! Again this is a recipe adapted from the fudgy fingers (or what ever they're called) from the Hotel Chocolat 101 book.

Recipe (makes 20-24)

For the flapjack:
150g of butter
100g light brown sugar
2 tablespoon of golden syrup
350g of porridge oats

For the topping:
400g tin of condensed milk
100g sugar
250g butter
2 tsp golden syrup
250g Milk Chocolate (I used 40% cocoa to stop it being too sweet)

Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. To make the flapjack, melt the butter, sugar and syrup on a low heat and add the oats when fully melted. Mix together well and then press into a tin lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Then make the caramel by putting condensed milk, sugar, butter and syrup in a heavy based pan and heat on a low heat until melted. When melted turn up the heat and constantly stir until it turns a deep brown caramelly colour, let it cool for a minute and then pour over the flapjack. While it's setting melt the chocolate in a bain marie and then pour over the caramel, leave to set then chop up and eat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More