Friday 6 May 2011

Bake Sale!

This is a very belated blog post as I made these for a bake sale about weeks ago, but I thought I may as well upload them. I had to make some cakes for my mum's bake sale and after seeing Sim Wise make these beautiful ones on Project Bunker, I thought they would be perfect for kids. After doing a bit of research on the internet I found that I needed gel food colouring to make them bright, but I couldn't find them anywhere! So any way I made them with the standard cupcake mix (3 eggs, 150g butter, 150g sugar, 150g flour and 1tsp vanilla for 12) and separated the mixture into 7 bowls and added liquid food colours. They didn't turn out as well as I wanted, but I was still kind of happy with them. I think I'm going to invest in some gel food colours so that I can make some more (I realise this will not be good for the healthy eating plan mentioned in my last post!).

They were a lot more colourful before I baked them!

I decorated them with frosting and skittles to add to the rainbow!

I also had my second attempt at cake pops, I used less frosting this time and they actually stayed on the sticks! They all got sold, so I'm assuming they were successful! I'm off to bake some oreo stuffed cookies now, so they should be up later!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More