Sunday 3 July 2011

Vegetarian Abroad

Sorry for the lack of posting for the last week, no I haven't been in some food induced coma... I've been on holiday stuffing myself full of spanish delights such as olives, paella and ali oli. I didn't manage to take any photo's of the food I ate out there as I was too busy eating it so here's picture of an ice cream.

(I wanted two deserts this night but my mean boyfriend only let me have one, meaning I had to eat this rubbish (well not really) ice cream sundae and NEVER got to have an amazing profiterole cake... sigh)

This is the third time I've been to Mijas so we know most of the restaurants quite well, on the first night I was tempted in to a restaurant we've lovingly termed 'The cockroach place' by the vegetarian paella. Then we went to a very strange establishment called Dibleys. Strange... but amazing, you see they sell tapas, traditional spanish tapas but also some english dishes. We went twice and I had mushroom stroganoff, mushrooms in blue cheese, vegetarian sausage and mash and camembert, not the usual dishes you'd find in a tapas bar! I'd like to point out that I detest mushrooms but decided to be brave because I wanted to know what strognaoff tastes like and I love blue cheese.

So yes, I feel that there will be a spanish inspired post here soon. But first I just had the best idea ever for a nacho fondue type 'dish' so I will be trying that tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More