Friday 30 September 2011

Loving Hut Camden


When Emma sent me a link for Loving Hut in Camden a while ago, I checked out the menu, got very excited and put it on the top of my list of places to visit. 

So this week we put it on our agenda and still managed to fit a Loving Hut dinner in after a day of eating samples at the Lunch! exhibition and lunch at Borough Market. I have to say, the cafe doesn't look like much from the outside, but the welcoming staff and the menu make up for that. As well as serving a buffet, they also have a menu with 3 burgers, fishless and chips and nuggets (amongst other things).

We both decided to try some variety of vegan fish, I had fishless and chips and Emma had the ocean burger. Emma got her food a bit before mine and I could tell from her face it was good. After her first bite she said 'you're not going to believe how much this tastes like fish!' 

Fishless and Chips 
Well... it really does! It even has a fake fish skin (I think it's made from nori). The outside was perfectly crisp, and the inside had a delicate fish flavour and texture. The prices are really good for a cafe in London, with the ocean burger at £3.80 and the fishless and chips at £4.95, making it perfect for that naughty weekend treat.

Ocean Burger
So if you're shopping in Camden or just fancy a fantastic vegan alternative to the great British take away, I'd definitely recommend Loving Hut. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More