Wednesday 16 November 2011

S'more Brownies

Mike is the best friend a girl could have, he likes to bake, he likes to go vegetable picking and go to history museums and last week he drove me to the Northampton DVLA after I stupidly got my tax disk sent to my uni house where I no longer live (6 weeks ago)! He's always complaining that he never gets to try the stuff that I bake (which isn't true) so I thought I would bake something just for him to say thank you! I know he likes slutty brownies so I was hoping he'd also like these. I'd seen a few recipes on the internet but decided to come up with my own and hope it worked.... so here it is!

Just out of the oven (how much does it look like the one on the left has a smiley face!)
If the slutty brownie had a slutty sister this would be it! It has layers of 'graham crackers', melted chocolate and marshmallow. This was a complete experiment and I kept looking in the oven to check nothing had exploded, but luckily they turned out great. I have to admit this isn't the prettiest looking brownie (I am extremely messy with my cooking), but it sure tastes good and that's what really matters. I couldn't find graham crackers because I don't think they exist in England, so I think any wheat based biscuit will do :)


For loads you'll need:

115g dark chocolate (I used 85%)
225g butter
4 eggs
375g caster sugar
75g flour
50g cocoa powder
A pack of wheat based biscuits (I used morning coffee ones, digestives will do)
150g milk chocolate
10 vegetarian vanilla marshmallows
  1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a brownie tin with baking paper.
  2. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bain marie.
  3. While that stuff is melting away, whisk the eggs and sugar together until they treble in volume. 
  4. Sieve in the flour and cocoa powder, then add the melted butter/chocolate mix and mix together really well.
  5. Pour half of your batter in to the brownie tin, then line with the biscuits, the chocolate, then the marshmallows, then pour over the rest of the brownie batter. 
  6. Pop in to the oven for 40 minutes. 
  7. Remove from the oven, let them cool a little bit, then eat them warm!
  8. Enjoy!
P.s this post makes Mike seem like some kind of saint, I would like to point out that he is also a massive bully. 

P.p.s He also proof reads all my posts so if you find a mistake it is definitely his fault and not mine :)

P.p.p.s I'm also entering this in to The Pink Whisks November Challenge as it may be my new favourite tray bake recipe :)


2 comments:

This looks fab, think i may give this a go :)

This looks delicious - all gooey and chocolatey - yum!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More