Saturday 10 December 2011

Festive Rocky Road

Some horrible man crashed in to my car this week which resulted in me feeling sorry for myself, which then lead to me treating myself to things even though I have no money. One of those things was vegan marshmallows from Vx, (you can also buy them here) I was super, super excited to see that they had them in there because I was also going to visit vegan Emma in London this week so it was the perfect excuse to pop in.



So with marshmallows in tow I decided to make rocky road as I've wanted it for ages and it was an excuse to turn my marshmallows in to an even more indulgent treat. Also, as it's CHRISTMAS I decided to make them festive by adding the cranberries and amaretti biscuit as well as some of my other favorite things. This is very adjustable, you can add what ever biscuits, dried fruit, nuts etc you want :)

For 24

100g milk chocolate
100g dark chocolate
80g butter
1 tbsp golden syrup
100g amaretti biscuits
75g brazil nuts
60g cranberries
60g coconut marshmallows
Icing sugar for sprinkling
  1. Put the milk and dark chocolate together in a bain marie (a bowl over a pan of boiling water) with the butter and golden syrup and leave to melt, stirring occasionally. 
  2. When the chocolate mixture has melted down add all the other ingredients and mix well. 
  3. Pour the mixture into a well greased tin and leave to set in the fridge. 
  4. When it's hard enough to cut (after 2-3 hours), sprinkle with icing sugar, chop it all up and enjoy! 

3 comments:

Sorry about your crash - hope you are okay! The festive take on this recipe looks great. I bet your friend appreciated them. Lovely, Heather

I am not a dessert person but this rocky road looks good and I would like to taste a bit of it. Thats a lovely combo esp with nuts and coconut marshmallows inside.

Coconut marshmallows and brazil nuts?!?!?! YUM-fest! :D

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More