Sunday 11 March 2012

Inspiral and Lush Spa

Last Friday was one of the best days ever! Not only did I get to go the Lush spa and have the amazing Synaesthesia treatment (I've always wanted to go), but I also went to my favourite vegan cafe in London, Inspiral. As I mentioned in my last post I've been vegan for the last week, so a trip to inspiral for some proper good vegan food was just what I needed. One of the reasons I love Inspiral so much is because it's so cosy and right on Camden Lock so it's really light and airy. Their mains menu is always full of tempting vegan options with a variety of sides to choose from (you get 3), but you can choose to have a salad or a selection of raw foods as well (both of which looked amazing, I could have eaten everything). I was struggling to choose between the mustard and quinoa cake and the vegan lasagna, but despite my massive love of mustard I went for the lasagna because it looked cheesy and delicious and I may have been missing cheese a bit. From what I remember it had vegusto cheese, and corn pasta so it was gluten free as well and for the sides I had kale salad (which I think had vegan cheese and lemon on), potato wedges and broccoli. The food was perfect, filling and because it's all vegan and healthy it the kind of meal that makes you feel good after eating it.


Every time I go I tell myself I'm going to have desert and end up being full to get any, but in the interest of my blog (of course) I forced myself to eat some raw berry cheesecake. Again it was a hard decision, there was tiramisu cake, raw vanilla cheese cake, raw chocolate tart and raw berry cheesecake. It ultimately came down to the raw chocolate tart or the cheesecake and it was one of those decisions that comes out at the till, but I think I picked the right one. It was definitely different to the cheesecake I'm used to, it wasn't as sweet but I actually quite liked that. It had a nut crust, raw cheesecake filling which Hannah (my dining and spa buddy) said it tasted like ice cream, which it kind of did and a raw jam topping which rounded the whole thing off. I'm glad I finally got to experience it, it definitely made my meal that little bit better!


So after the perfect meal we set off to the Lush spa, if you haven't heard of it then check it out. There's a few dotted around in different Lush stores and you can enjoy a treatment with products that aren't tested on animals and are 100% vegetarian, I also saw an option for vegan treatments :). I had the Synaesthesia which is an hour long, choreographed, full body massage and Hannah had the validation facial. The treatment rooms are quite possibly the cutesiest things ever, they're like a country cottage with a touch of Alice in Wonderland. The massage was a completely different experience, I still feel amazing a week later, I think everyone should treat themselves to at least one in their life time. Hannah definitely enjoyed her facial as well, as we both floated all the way home with bellies full of vegan food and an overall feeling of absolute bliss. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More