Tuesday 3 April 2012

Lemon and Blueberry Pancakes

I have something to admit... On Mother's Day I was a bad vegetarian and I brought bacon for my Mum. I made sure I brought 'Happy Pig' (it probably wasn't called that) RSPCA standard bacon to ease the guilt, but then I researched the bacon and discovered it wasn't all that happy and it made me feel sad. Anyway I'm getting off point, I made my mum some big fat American pancakes with bacon inside for her special Mothers Day breakfast and everyone got some, but I obviously couldn't/didn't want to eat any and it's left me with TERRIBLE pancake cravings ever since. These have also been made immensely worse by my discovery of Pinterest, seriously, it's going to make me fat! So after looking at pictures of pancakes for too long I decided on lemon and blueberry, because I <3 fruit. 


So today, both Mumsey and I were off work and as she was going to the hospital in the morning I thought I would make her a delicious breakfast for when she returned. Unfortunately I'm a terrible daughter and was still in bed when she returned, so we ended up having them for brunch :D

Makes 6-8 Pancakes

250g flour
2 tbsp baking powder
5 tbsp sugar
A pinch of salt
250ml milk
2 eggs
50g melted butter
200g blueberries
The zest and half the juice of 1 lemon
More butter for frying

  1. Sieve the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in to a bowl. 
  2. Whisk the milk and eggs together in a separate bowl, then add it to the flour and whisk up well!
  3. Then add the melted butter and whisk it up again making sure that there's no lumps (electric mixers are your best friend here). The batter should be nice and thick!
  4. Fold the lemon zest, lemon juice and blueberries in to the mixture.
  5. Melt some proper butter in a small frying pan and pour a ladle of the mixture in, fry the pancake on a mediumish heat until the top starts to cook, then flip it over and cook until browned on the other side. 
  6. You can eat the straight away or place them on heated plates in a 50 degree oven to stack them up as high as you wish.
  7. Cover with maple syrup and enjoy! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More