Monday 9 July 2012

Something Fishy

Sorry I haven't blogged in over two weeks, I've been off having super fun times and not had much time to do anything else. I spent a week in rural france stuffing myself with vegetarian delights (which isn't all that easy!) and last week I was off at Lushfest, which is not only a fantastic festival showcasing a brilliant company (who I happen to work for) but it was also 100% vegetarian. Meaning I could fatty on down on a whole load of meat free food (which I did, of course!) I scoped the food situation before I went and nearly did a little wee when I saw that Something Fishy were going to be there. If anything is going to make a little excited wee come out it's going to be VEGAN FISH AND CHIPS. I've seen them around but never had vegan fish and chips from their van before so I knew this was my chance.


It was seriously good, I never really liked fish but I do miss battered food and this satisfied a long old craving. The 'fish' was delicious, super batery and crunchy and the chips were fantastic too. Not only did it taste amazing, but they give all their proceeds to grass root organisations and animal sanctuaries, really putting the guilt free in to guilt free good! The only thing that could have made it better were mushy peas, but I was too excited to even spot those on the menu! If they're ever at a location near you, try it, you won't be disappointed.

N.B After I posted this, vegan Emma reminded me that not only have I eaten vegan fish and chips before I've also blogged about it! I have the worst memory!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More