Monday 1 April 2013

Refried Bean and Scrambled Tofu Tostada

I didn't get the nickname Fatty Heffa for eating small portions of healthy food. No it came from being an actual Fatty Heffa. I used to run a lot, so eating a massive amount of food didn't feel so bad, but one day I stopped running and didn't start again, due to cold weather/being lazy/any other excuse I could think of. 3 weeks ago I started running again which means I can eat massive meals (horary!) and not feel guilty any more. One of my favourite giant meals is the Breakfast Burrito and seeing as I hadn't had one in ages I decided to treat myself. So I went to the shops and brought all the ingredients that I needed, happy and guilt free. When I actually came to make my burrito, disaster struck, I had accidentally brought some kind of child sized tortillas. There was no way all of my fillings would fit in to such a tiny tortilla, so I was left with only one option, tostada. This meant I could pile all of my tasty toppings nice and high on top of a crispy tortilla, if that isn't the breakfast of kings, I don't know what is. I like to make the salsa, guac and refried beans from scratch, but if you're in a hurry store brought is still yummy.

 Per serving:

1 small tortilla
1 small can of refried beans/home made refried beans
A splash of olive oil
100g tofu, drained
1 pinch turmeric 
1 pinch chili powder
A dash of soy sauce 
Raw homemade salsa (store brought is also good)
Raw homemade Guacamole (store brought is also good)
Extra corriander and chopped red chili to stick on top
  1. If you're making your refried beans, salsa and guac from scratch, start by doing that and put them to one side. 
  2. Splash a bit of olive oil in a pan and turn it on to a medium heat, crumble the tofu in and add the turmeric, chili powder and soy sauce and stir frequently.
  3. Spray the tortilla with a bit of oil then season with salt and pepper and pop in to a preheated oven for 5 minutes. 
  4. Reheat the refried beans in a sauce pan, then take the tortilla out of the oven, pop the beans on top, then the tofu, and the cover it in guacamole and salsa. 
  5. Sprinkle some chopped coriander and red chili on top and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More