Friday 4 October 2013

Vegan Apple and Blackberry Crumble Muffins

Last week wasn't the best week in Hef history. I lost my domain name to a horrible man who is trying to sell it back to me for a ridiculous price (which is why it's back to its old blogspot name). My car broke down after I told a story about my old car, and how it never broke down and it was only finally defeated by a tree in the road (even then it kept on going, it was just time for me to get a new car). After the car breakage I got home at 3.30am and tried to console myself with a pug cuddle, only to be wee'd on (but I can't really be too upset about that because I still got to cuddle a pug). Then after talking about how I'd never had any problems with my wisdom teeth, I got a wisdom tooth infection, which is pretty much the most painful thing ever (probably). So I was feeling a bit miserable and the only thing that could cheer me up is some good old baking. So that's exactly what I did. It's the time of year where apples and blackberries are literally falling off of the trees. And after picking some blackberries with my mum, I popped to my local community orchard and got some beautiful apples as well. I combined them with vegan muffin mixture and topped with crumble and ended up with these. Pretty, autumnal, fruity muffins.  


What you need for 12 muffins:

For the crumble:

15g vegan margarine
25g plain white flour
20g light brown sugar 

For the muffin

250g apples
100g blackberries
225g plain white flour
200g Billingtons golden caster sugar
2 tsp baking powder
100ml soya milk
100ml vegetable oil
1 large ripe banana squished

  1. Start by pre-heating the oven to 200 degrees and lining your muffin tins (I used lakelands parchment lined foil, it's amazing)
  2. Then make the crumble topping by sticking all of the ingredients in a bowl and rubbing the butter and flour together to make a light crumb mixture. Pop to one side until needed. 
  3. Then peel, core and chop your apples in to little chunks, mix with the black berries in a bowl and pop to one side. 
  4. Put all of the other ingredients in to a separate bowl and mix until well combined, then fold the fruit in. 
  5. Spoon the mixture in to the cases, filling it all the way to the top. Then sprinkle the crumble mixture over the top. 
  6. Pop in to the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. 
  7. Leave to cool (if you can wait) then enjoy! 




1 comments:

Oh noooooo, I went to make your bean burgers for my housemates weeks ago and your website had disappeared, that must be why! What a pig, I hope you get the domain name back x

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More