Wednesday 13 November 2013

Cider and Seasonal Vegetable Stew

I have been really lucky this year. I've been on a lot of adventures and adventures are my favourite thing ever. I don't really drink, I don't go and spend a ridiculous amount of money on nights out, I save my money for as many little adventures as I can! This year I went to Dorset with mummy Hef, Cornwall with Daddy Hef, on a few adventures with Mr Hef, Gwendoline with vegan Emma and my last adventure (probably) of this year to a yurt in a cider orchard with ginger Georgie. I've definitely mentioned Georgie on my blog before, but just to remind you, she is awesome and also loves a good adventure. So on the way back from Bath, Mr Hef and I picked Georgie up from Oxford and she treated us to an Atomic Burger (seriously, awesome) and we went back to my house to begin our adventure! After packing the essentials (and by essentials I mean long johns and a couple of pairs of pants) we set off to Gloucestershire. The yurt was incredibly beautiful with a big king sized bed (perfect for our romantic weekend) and a cute little wood burner to keep us warm. It also had a kotlich in the garden, so I came prepared with root vegetables and a dumpling kit!


750 kg seasonal veg (such as potatoes, parsnip, suede)
2 medium onions
2 cloves of garlic crushed
About half a bottle of cider
1 litre of vegetable stock

1. Chuck all of the ingredients in to the kotlich and start your fire, or if you're cooking it at home pop in in to the slow cooker, or pop it in to a pan over a low heat. Cook for ages, adding water when needed. 
2. When the stew is nearly done (when you have soft vegetables), add some dumplings if you wish (I brought ready made dumpling mixture and added a bit of grated cheese) and turn the heat up/stick some more wood on the fire. 
3. Wait for around 15 minutes, until the dumplings are all fluffed up and cooked, then eat! 








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More