Sunday 13 April 2014

Cashew Butter, Honey and Chocolate Cookies

Mr Hef and I have been living in our house for over 2 months now, which seems insane as I feel like I've lived here for ever and only just moved in yesterday all at the same time. It's been hard to find time to bake around removing wall paper, painting (these are the two jobs I can do) and all the other stuff Mr Hef has been doing. But the lovely people at Meridian Foods sent me some of their nut butters to try and it was just the thing I needed to get me on the baking train again. First I used their almond butter to make some vegan salted caramel popcorn, I don't have a recipe because it was a bit of a chuck lots of ingredients in a pan and hope it works job, but you can see a picture here and find an amazing looking recipe for almond butter popcorn on Meridian Foods website. I do however have a recipe for cookies, soft gooey cashew butter, honey and chocolate chip cookies. Once again they were a chuck lots of ingredients in a bowl and hope it works job, but this time I actually remembered to write down the recipe before they all got eaten and forgot how they were made. 


Ingredients:

125g butter, softened
100g Meridian cashew butter
200g light brown sugar
100g caster sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp cold water
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
300g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
200g milk chocolate chopped in to chunks

1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line some baking sheets with grease proof paper.
2. Cream together the sugars, butter and cashew butter until fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs, water, honey and vanilla paste until smooth.
4. Sift in the flour and baking soda, adding a bit at a time and fold the flour in. 
5. Fold the chocolate chips in and make sure they are distributed well, then using a regular spoon (I think they're called a desert spoon) drop 4 spoonfuls of mixture on to the trays, with loads of space in between. You may have to do them in batches if like me you only own 2 trays. 
6. Bake for 12 minutes, until golden all over and leave to cool on the trays, otherwise they might implode (they're very soft). 
7. Once cooled, shove in your mouth and enjoy! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More