Sunday 6 July 2014

Afternoon Tea, The Grove, Narberth

Afternoon tea is my favourite past time. I'd have one every day if I could. There's so much to like about them; sandwiches are better when they're tiny, cakes are better when their tiny and scones with clotted cream and jam are just good all the time. Really, really good. So a couple of weeks ago when I went on my latest Canopy and Stars adventure (I am literally addicted to this website, this will be my 4th adventure, you can check out the others here, and here) we decided that afternoon tea was a must. We were pretty much in the middle of nowhere in Pembrokeshire, but after a little drive we arrived at a beautiful hotel called The Grove. We sat outside as it was a sunny day, the view was beautiful and made even better by a visit from a super curly dog that we named Mini Dougie (there was an even better St Bernadoodle who was actually called Dougie who lived where we were camping).



The afternoon tea was beautiful, stacked on two slates with the most delicious cake selection. We started with finger sandwiches, I had a vegetarian selection of cucumber, egg and cress and cheese and pickle. Everything on the menu was locally produced and made to such a high standard, which made it even better. We then moved on to the sweet part which included, mini scones with clotted cream and jam, lemon cupcakes, caramel profiteroles, some kind of coffee cake that I've forgotten the name of, banoffee macaroons, bara brith (we were in Wales after all) and panacotta (which I gave to Georgie to eat, because I'm not too sure if it was veggie).




It was the perfect setting to sit in the sun, sip Darjeeling tea and stuff our faces with lots of treats. I can safely say it was one of the best afternoon teas I've had! After we'd finished, we walked some of the cake off in Narberth (and somehow ended up buying more food from an amazing deli).


Then it was back to Matilda, the converted BT truck for the last night of our adventure. We played with the farm animals, went on a ramble through sheep fields and made dream catchers. A lovely little adventure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More